Monday, December 7, 2009

Morning-After Blitz Sets Freshman up for Second Round of Cougaring

Early in the afternoon of Thursday, December 3, Alec Walsh '13 sent a "morning-after blitz" to a new acquaintance of his that he had met the night before, opening up the opportunity for him to have a second encounter with the acquaintance, Shirley Targent '10, a self-described "cougaring amateur".
"I really wasn't sure if I should send the blitz," said Walsh. "I blitzed my Trip Leaders and asked them if they thought it was a good idea, and they said that I definitely should. They said it was 'standard procedure', whatever that means. I just felt weird sending her a blitz. I mean, I don't know what the expectations are for a senior girl."
Targent said that, while before the blitz, she had not entertained the possibility of "running it back," a morning-after blitz "showed serious maturity."

The expectation for a senior girl is to always receive a morning-after blitz, according to Targent. However, she said, "I never expected to get a morning-after blitz from a '13. I felt so guilty when I was hooking up with him, like I was the first girl he had ever kissed or like I was about to break him in half. But the blitz showed that he's not just some dumb-shit freshman and that he can hold his own."
Walsh became nervous, he said, after two hours had passed and he still had not received a response from Targent.
"That's it, I thought. It was some huge mistake for her and she probably would never have hooked up with someone my age when she was sober... do you think it's possible that I committed a sex crime last night?"
The extent of the hook-up, according to Targent, was "your standard first time make-out and heavy petting."
After receiving a response from Targent, Walsh felt "a huge load lift off of my chest. And the response wasn't something like, 'Who are you?' It seemed like she knew who I was and even put a 'haha' in her response. I made some joke about the sex noises that her housemate was making from the other room, and I guess she found it funny!"
On the prospect of having a second sexual encounter, Targent said, "it all hangs in the flitzing. I'm not looking for anything serious or even the type of thing where we're going to be hanging out sober, but I need to see that he can flitz so I don't feel like I'm molesting a high school student or anything. Oh my God, do you think that he's a virgin? Wait, don't print that."
On the status of his undetermined virginity, Walsh declined to comment.
Walsh and Targent are, at the time of publication, set for a "quick game of pong" tomorrow night at Sigma Delta sorority.
"I was going to ask him if he wanted to play at his house or mine, then I remembered. Freshmen aren't affiliated."

No comments:

Post a Comment