Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Dunyun Celebrates Its 169th Article


I'm honored that the Dunyun Staff has selected me to write this momentous article and I'd like it to serve as a celebration of the past 10 months of writing. The Dunyun has changed many of our lives and I'd like to hear from the Dunyun community about "what the Dunyun means to you."

Jim Kim's secretary was the first to get back to me and el Presidente said, "I enjoy this student organization. I enjoy any time students work together, take steps together and join forces together. That's how we're going to save the world. One step at a time. Together."

A Theta Delt '11 shot back a very brief reply, "Fuck The Dunyun."

That didn't faze me and I kept collecting data. Collis Ray reflected, "Man I don't know about this whole website. But I've never said no to a good chuckle so it gets 2 meat-filled sandwiches from me." I assumed that's his version of two-thumbs up and thanked him for his kind words.

The Dunyun's somehow made its way into the '14 ranks and [name redacted because I don't care] '14 thanked, "The Dunyun really helped me get right into Dartmouth culture. The Dartmouth is for my parents, The Dunyun's for my parents' child. Me." Ding.

And of course there were a few perplexed individuals who received the questionnaire. An AD '11 responded, "Wait, is The Dunyun that GGMA thing? Yeah I heard it's pretty funny."

And Bored@Baker (RIP) once said, "This stuff isn't that funny." But it only got three Agrees so suck it!

Overall, the feedback was very kind, especially from some alums who "missed booting", "just want one more JoYo" or "still hate Psi U."

And I need to hear from my staff writers, Jayson Doubleday '13, Frannie Mays '11 and James Engle '11:

Frannie Mays '11 noted, "It's not just been big for me but big for my friends and family. Nobody even knows me by my real name anymore. Look on my Facebook wall, 1/2 of my Happy Birthdays were to Frannie."

Jayson Doubleday '13 smirked and said, "I'm thinking of making it official and going by Jayson Doubleday permanently. It's been my go-to pick-up line all Fall and would just make it easier if I actually were Jayson Doubleday."

James Engle '11 added, "Yeah I used to get with a pretty good amount of girls. Now I still get with a pretty good amount of girls. Thanks Dunyun!"

The Dunyun has given me much over these past few months, a flock of men and attractive women who try to blitz me but cannot locate me in the DND and a forum to discuss The Hop sandwich line, The Hop grill line and Dartmouth mysteries such as spin on throw saves, Phi Delt pledge term and where's Jim Kim.

We'll be back to normal articles tomorrow but today's a special day for The Dunyun. God bless.

-Stephen Briggs '12

No comments:

Post a Comment