Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reds Batch Renamed ‘Oranges’ after one Brother Takes it too Far”


For the first time since the drink’s creation, a batch of the popular Phi Delt drink Reds had to be renamed when it failed to achieve its namesake color. The batch became “Oranges” when a Phi Delt brother added too much of what he referred to as “a crucial ingredient.”

Ryan “Schmitty” Schmidt ’12, the brother in question, explained the mistake that led to the discoloration, “I was making reds in the brothers’ room and the batch was almost done. I was in charge of topping it off with the secret ingredient, adding some spice. I’d had a lot to drink and I didn’t realize how much I was adding. Guys kept telling me to stop but by the time I did it was too late.”


Schmidt would not disclose the secret ingredient in the batch that was capable of turning it from red to orange.

While many upperclassmen were wary of the oranges, ‘15s were intrigued by the color, but mostly by their ability to get drinks at an actual party.

Jacob Reilly ’15 gloated over his ability to score some oranges, “My trip leader is a Phi Delt and he loves me. He gave me 3 cups and said something about it having a ‘bit of schmitty’ in it. Not sure what that means, pretty sure it’s a cool Phi Delt thing. I think we’re playing a series some time this week but he hasn’t gotten back to me.”

Allison Schmidt ’13 was pleased by the new color, “It was cool of them to change it up like that. It makes sense since they have two parties per term and they’re they exact same.”

Phi Delts seemed to not care, toasting the oranges to “Brotherhood!” and “SCHMITTTYYYYYYY.”

In an upcoming investigative piece, The Dunyun will examine the science behind nearly every member of the student body fitting in the Phi Delt basement twice per term.

No comments:

Post a Comment